Sunday, March 31, 2019

Uco Candle Lantern Ikea Utensil Holder Shelter Heater

I can't believe it has been just over a year since my last post. Where has the year gone?  I can promise you it was all fun and well done.

Heating inside the Luxe Minipeak II Pyramid tent


As you have read in other posts here, I am very fond of the Uco Candle Lantern.

The little candle lantern has earned it's space as "a must carry" item in my backpack for all overnight adventures.







The Uco Candle Lantern is a favorite of Cooper too.









Cold weather shelter heating options have been on my mind for many past seasons, including this one.  This past season brought another idea, and successful new option.    








Backpacking to and sheltering at a snowy site with warmth and comfort when rested is always thrilling.










This heater powered by 2 Uco Candle Lanterns put out 3,800 BTUs to cut condensation and provide warmth inside a closed 1-2 person tarp, tent or poncho for up to 9 hours.

Add an additional Uco Candle Lantern for more light and boost heat inside the shelter to 5,700 BTUs. (Each Uco candle produces 1,900 BTUs).

















You can see the "build" and preview of the Uco Candle Lantern Ikea Utensil Holder Shelter Heater with Cooper and me on the Wawhiker Backpacking YouTube channel. Stay tuned for an overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment