Saturday, April 26, 2014

ZPacks Blast Slim Backpack Gets A Light Weight Internal Frame

You read it right - my ZPacks Blast Slim Backpack is sporting an internal frame.








The removable frame gives great support, yet it's flexible from side-to-side.  Initial support tests have been positive. 






The aluminum and mesh frame adds 5 1/4 ounces to the already ultralight Zpacks Blast Slim's total weight.
 
The curves on the frame follow the spine and lumbar contours along the back.





  

The frame makes an already great backpack even better.  The added benefits of an internal frame can be felt as stability between the shoulders, down the lower back and from the hips.

You can't order this internal frame from ZPacks. 

 


It's a standard feature on another backpack made by Patagonia.








The Patagonia Ascensionist 45L Pack


When Patagonia recently released the Ascensionist 45L Pack I was all over it.  Weighing in at just under 2.5 pounds, the minimalist look and build appealed to me immediately. It reminded me of my Zpacks Blast Slim - in Beast Mode.  (The color options were a plus too).  I was on the look out for a light weight, rugged, bushwhacking version of the Blast Slim.

The Patagonia Ascensionist 45L Pack is the perfect fit.  I really like this backpack and all the features that come with it.  Stay tuned to my Wawhiker YouTube Channel for a review.





Did I mention - the Patagonia Ascensionist 45L Pack comes with a removable internal frame.

 




Both the ZPacks Blast Slim Backpack and the Patagonia Ascensionist 45L Pack benefit from light weight internal frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment